There are different methods for cleaning the many different materials used in making Head ‘N Home hats. It’s best to follow the care and cleaning directions for your specific hat (printed on the label in the hat). Following are suggestions for cleaning some of the materials used in making Head ‘N Home hats:Suede
You can try using a very fine-grained sandpaper to gently sand away the dirt, but be careful to NOT sand where there is thread, as the thread could then come unraveled. Another option is to purchase a Suede Bar, which is perfect for light colored leathers. Takes out oils and soils without the use of water. A Suede Bar is included as part of our Cleaning Kit for leather hats.
To clean finished leather, just using a damp cloth will usually do a very nice job. If you want to do a more extensive cleaning, you can use saddle soap or boot cream.
If the Head ‘N Home hat you purchased is just a little too small, you can try the following procedure for stretching the hat to increase the hat size slightly:
- Put your knee in the crown of the hat, with the front of the hat facing you.
- Put your fingers on the inside front of the hat.
- Pull towards you, while pushing with your knee in the opposite direction.
This trick often works if you just need to stretch the hat slightly, but use caution in applying too much pressure, as you don’t want to destroy your hat.
As hat sizes are somewhat inconsistent throughout the industry (one company's size 7 ½ could be vastly different from another's), it would probably be best to measure.
A few tips for correctly finding your head size:
- Get a friend's help! It makes it easier.
- You should measure the circumference of your head half way up your forehead and one finger’s width above your ears. Pull the tape to about the tightness you would like to wear a hat (you can use a string and then measure it if you don't have a tape), but put a finger between the tape and your head to allow for a little room (it’s best not to measure with just the tape measure pulled tight around your head, or you might end up getting a hat that is too tight). Take this measurement 3 times or until you get a consistent reading.
- Once you have a consistent measurement, you can view the Size Chart to determine which size hat to order.
If you are dissatisfied with your hat purchase for any reason (e.g., wrong size, wrong style, wrong color), you may certainly exchange your hat for a different hat.
To expedite processing of your return, please and fill out a return form. It’s important that you include any pertinent information with your return, such as your Return Shipping Address, and the reason for the return. Be sure to also include the color, size, and style of the hat you are returning (as well as the color, size, and style of the hat you want to exchange it for).